Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
Good food Best Chicken Supplement Sept 2008
- 2 garlic gloves, crushed
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3oz porridge oats
- 450g/1lb minced chicken
- 4oz dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- small rolls
- STEP 1heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Gently fry the onion fofr 5 mins until soft. Add the garlic, cook for 1 min, add the oats, then fry for 2 mins more. Tip into a bowl then set aside.
- STEP 2Add the rest of the ingredients to the cooled mixture, then mix well. season to taste then shape into 8 patties.
- STEP 3Heat remaining oil in a frying pan, then sear the burgers on each side until well coloured. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 180C