Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken and mushroom puff pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Good Food Best Chicken suuplement Sept 08
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon cut into large pieces
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 250g baby button mushrooms
- thyme sprigs
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 14floz chicken stock
- 7floz milk
- fresh puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- STEP 1heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Season the chicken then fry for 5-8 mins until golden brown, turning occasionally. Set the chicken to one side then tip the bacon into the pan. fry for 5 mins until crisp. Add onion, mushrroms and thyme to the pan then fry on high for 3 mins.
- STEP 2Te panip the flour into the pan, then cook, stirring for for 1 min. With the pan off the heat, gradually stir or whisk in the stock, followed by the milk, then return the chicken to the pan. Bring to boil then simmer for 30 mins. Spoon the chicken mix into a pie dish.
- STEP 3cover the pie dish with the rolled out pastry then cook at 200C for 30 mins.