Iced Caramel Praline Mousse
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 2-3 hours freezing time
- Serves 6
A simple but yummy dessert served straight from the freezer
- 3 58g Mars Bars
- 15 ml milk
- 284ml double cream
- 1 egg white
- 150g whole almonds or hazelnuts
- 125g sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- STEP 1Line a loaf tin or plastic container with cling film
- STEP 2Make praline. Lightly grease a flat metal plate or baking sheet and spread nuts out. Slowly melt sugar with water until all sugar dissolved (do not stir) and then boil rapidly until a nice caramel colour. Quickly and carefully pour over nuts and leace to cool. When cold break praline up and crush roughly in a food processor or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- STEP 3Thinly slice the Mars Bars. Place in a bowl with the milk and gently heat over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Cool .
- STEP 4Whisk the cream to soft peaks then gently stir a large spoonful of the cream into the Mars Bars mixture. Fold in the remaining cream lightly with a metal spoon.
- STEP 5Lightly whisk the egg white intil soft peaks and fold into the mixture with the crushed praline. Pour into lined tin and freeze for at least 2-3 hours before serving. Slice or spoon straight from the freezer. Delicious with a rich dark chocolate sauce.