Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Baked eggs with chorizo & peppers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Heuvos a la flamenca, a super healthy brunch with chorizo, peppers and eggs baked in a rich spanish style tomato sauce.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 150g chorizo, diced into small chunks
- 400g can quality chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped in to 1cm chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- STEP 1Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, heat the oil in a medium pan, add the chorizo for 5mins or until the oil turns red and the chorizo is slightly crisp, add the onions and cook until they start to soften, then add both the chopped pepper and garlic and cook for a further 5 mins.
- STEP 2Add the tomatoes, sweet paprika, chilli powder and tomato paste and stir together seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, bring to a gentle boil then reduce immediately to a simmer, now cover and cook for 10mins to allow it to thicken.
- STEP 3Split the mixture between 2 oven proof bowls, make 2 dimples in the sauce and break an egg into each one, put into the preheated oven and cook for 10-15mins depending on how you like your eggs, serve pipping hot topped with chopped parsley accompanied with a slice of toasted sourdough bread.