Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Vanilla Pears Ice Cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Allow 24 hours the for ice cream to freeze
- More effort
- Makes Batch
Made using whole baby pears which have been preserved in a delicate syrup with a vanilla pod.
For the ginger Ice Cream
- 3 Large Eggs
- 45 grams Caster Sugar
- 450 ml Double Cream
- 6 pieces of Stem Ginger - finely cut
- 5 tablespoons Ginger Syrup
- Opies Whole Baby Pears with Vanilla drained
- STEP 1Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl.
- STEP 2In another bowl whip the cream until soft peaks form
- STEP 3Fold the whipped cream into the egg and sugar mixture.
- STEP 4Add the chopped ginger and ginger syrup and gently combine.
- STEP 5Pour into a suitable freezer container and freeze for 24 hours.Gently stir the ice cream after approx 2 hours to ensure even distribution of the ginger pieces. Repeat this process after a further 1 hour freezing time
- STEP 6When the ice cream is ready remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly.
- STEP 7To serve drizzle chocolate sauce in a zig zag over the serving plate.
- STEP 8Slice the pears thinly and gently arrange in a fan shape on the plate
- STEP 9Place two quenelles of ice cream next to the fanned pears and then lightly dust with icing sugar. Decorate with a few pieces of chopped ginger