Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Vegan Mushroom Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Ultra creamy and flavourful vegan mushroom soup made with coconut milk.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 800g Mixed Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- STEP 1Add the olive oil to a pot with the onion and garlic, dried oregano and basil and sauté briefly.
- STEP 2Then add the sliced mushrooms and the soy sauce, and cover the pot. Cook on medium high, covered, for around 10 minutes.
- STEP 3This will allow the mushrooms to release their water.
- STEP 4After 10 minutes, remove the lid, and cook for a further 10 minutes uncovered to allow some of the water to cook off.
- STEP 5Then add the coconut milk and cook for a final 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, allowing the flavors to blend properly.
- STEP 6Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.