Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Says everything on the title. Quick and simple.
- 1 Bruschetta Loaf
- 300g Mushrooms, chopped (Any kind but i prefer chestnut)
- Diced 1/2 red onion
450ml Double Cream (Add more for saucier)
- Freshly chopped parsely
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic vinegar to top (optional)
Butter for frying
- Butter for frying
- STEP 1Fry mushrooms in butter until tender and set aside in a sieve or collander to drain out the mushroom's natural water.
- STEP 2Preheat Grill. Slice Ciabatta into 10 Slices and put in grill.
- STEP 3Fry onion in butter until tender then add double cream, parsely and pepper. Turn Ciabbatta slices over.
- STEP 4Add mushrooms once cream has thickened then take off the heat. Take Ciabatta out grill and put 5 slices on each plate.
- STEP 5Top with mushroom mix and season to taste. Put a little vinegar over your plate of food and enjoy.