Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lamb Koftas in fresh flatbread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Lightly spiced grilled meaty koftas in warm, crispy flatbread.
- 350g diced shoulder of lamb (trimmed of excess fat)
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp english mustard
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- small bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 150g flour
- small cup water
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Mixed leaves/Parsely (to serve)
- STEP 1Place all the ingredients (except flour/oil/water) plus a generous pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor and gently pulse until lamb resembles a rough mince and everything is well mixed.
- STEP 2Form mince into koftas using wooden or metal kebab skewers and chill in fridge for 30 mins to firm up.
- STEP 3Heat grill to a medium-high heat and place kebabs at a medium height beneath, cooking for 15-20 mins, turning occasionally until cooked through and lightly charred.
- STEP 4While koftas are cooking, place sifted flour on a smooth surface, season with salt, make a well in the middle and add the oil and just enough water to bring together into a dry dough. Knead until smooth. If the dough seems sticky add a bit more flour.
- STEP 5When smooth, roll the dough out to about 2mm thickness and place into a pre-heated, dry frying pan set over a high heat. Fry for 2 mins until slightly puffed up and beginning to colour, then flip and cook for a further 45 secs-1min.
- STEP 6Remove flat bread, spread mixed leaves and parsley on top plus any condiments, then lay koftas on top. Wrap the flatbread and enjoy!!