Pesto mash with garlic chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 700g (1lb 9oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 150 ml (1/4pt) milk
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic
- green pesto
- freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 1Boil the potatoes in a saucepan with the lid on, simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts in half lengthways and fry in a non-stick pan with 2 cloves of crushed garlic and a seasoning of freshly ground black pepper.
- STEP 3Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. In another pan bring the milk to the boil. Pour the milk over the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- STEP 4Stir 2 tsps of pesto into the potato and serve immediately with the cooked chicken.