Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweet Garlic Chicken Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Easy to make, rich in flavour and mild spice
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 500g skinless chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2tsp garlic granules
- 250g ditalini pasta
- STEP 1Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic over a low to medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- STEP 2Mix the ginger, salt, stock cube and turmeric together in a bowl with the remaining oil until well combined, then add the chicken pieces and mix well to coat.
- STEP 3Add the coated chicken to the pan and fry for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through.
- STEP 4Stir in the butter and the tomatoes into the pan, then reduce the heat until the mixture is just simmering. Add the soy sauce and the balsamic vinegar and stir. Sprinkle the top with the sugar and garlic granules and stir.
- STEP 5Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so and adding a tablespoon of water if the mixture appears too dry.
- STEP 6While cooking the chicken, start to boil the water for the pasta, then cook for 9 minutes or until soft.
- STEP 7To serve, spoon the chicken onto serving plates with the pasta on top, serve with grated parmesan.