Cinnamon + Sugar Doughnuts
Member recipe by uzielhill
ServingsServes 1 - 24
- 500g self-raising flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 90g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 200ml milk
- For the coating:
- 1 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g caster sugar
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or saucepan to 170 degrees Celcius (335F). Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar.http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/binder/recipes/29600/edit#
- Beat the eggs and oil into the milk and add to the dry ingredients, mixing with a spoon to bind them together. Work the ingredients together into a smooth ball and then turn out on to a floured work surface. (I have used a mixer for this in the past... if it feels to soft, add more flour)
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of just over 1cm (1/2in). Flour the cutters and use the larger one to cut out rounds of dough, then cut out the centres using the smaller cutter. Re-roll the trimmings to make more doughnuts.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar to make the coating. Put into a bowl
- Now cook the doughnut rings 2-3 at a time. Place the rings carefully into the hot oil and cook for 3-4 mins, until golden on the bottom, then turn them over and cook for a further 2-3 mins, until they are an even golden colour and cooked through.
- Lift on to kitchen paper to drain briefly and, while they're still hot, toss them in the cinnamon sugar until evenly coated. Shake off any excess and place on a wire rack to cool. (Not suitable for freezing).