Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Hot crab and prawn soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
This is great if you're not too hungry and want something relatively simple, quick to make and low fat that goes down quite nicely, or as a starter.
- 1 chunk of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 chillies (one red and one green), deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 x 200gram pack of pak choi, roughly chopped
- 1 x 240gram pack of king prawns
- 1 x 170 gram tin of white crab meat
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- STEP 1Bring the stock to the boil and add the ginger and the chillies and boil for a couple of minutes.
- STEP 2Add the spring onions and the pak choi, reduce heat and simmer for about 2-3 minutes
- STEP 3Add the crab and prawns, squeeze over the lime juice and simmer gently for about 3-4 minutes until warmed through.
- STEP 4Serve immediately