Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spiced Moroccan Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Two of your five a day
- 1 rounded tbsp harissa paste
5 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp for frying
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped plus a handful of whole leaves
- 8 mint leaves, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 100g whole blanched almonds
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed, halved widthways and sliced into thin shreds
- 100g Kalamata olives
- STEP 1Using a small wire whisk, mix together the harissa, the 5 tablespoons of olive oil and the lime juice in a small bowl. Stir in the chopped coriander, mint and a grinding of pepper. Taste and adjust to the way you like it, adding a little more lime or harissa if needed.
- STEP 2Heat the remaining tsp of oil in a heavy-based pan, add the almonds and fry until golden, shaking the pan occasionally so that they are evenly coloured. Tip onto kitchen paper to drain, then season and set aside.
- STEP 3Wash the Romaine then, working from the base, cut the leaves into chunky slices, stopping about a third from the top to leave the tips of the leaves intact. Tip the lettuce into a bowl and scatter over the almonds, spring onions, olives and remaining coriander leaves. Give the dressing a quick whisk then drizzle over the salad. Perfect served with Tomato & Cheese flatbread and chilled glass of Riesling.