Onion and fennel gratin
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 3 bulbs fennel, cut into wedges
- 2 onions, cut into wedges (leave root attached)
- 200g creme fraiche
- 100ml chicken stock, ideally fresh
- nutmeg, for grating
- 25g Parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to Gas 6, 200C, 180C fan. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the fennel and onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and tip into a large baking dish.
- Mix the creme fraiche and chicken stock, and season with pepper, salt and grated nutmeg. Spoon the sauce over the vegetables then scatter over with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the gratin for about the 20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving.