Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Christmas Chocolate slab
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus refrigeration
- Makes Slices
With its nuts, figs and spices, this looks and tastes very Christmassy and will feed a horde.
- 300g plain chocolate
- 200g dark cooking chocolate (minimum 70 per cent cocoa solids)
- 5 cloves, finely ground
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 10 cardamon pods, seeds only, crushed
- 380ml double cream
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 12 dried figs
- 170g blanched skinned almonds, toasted
- 120g skinned hazelnuts, toasted
- 30g candied orange peel
- Icing sugar, to dust
- STEP 1Line a very lightly greased 2lb loaf tin (or a shallow container of similar volume) with clingfilm. Break up both types of chocolate, place in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl isn't in contact with the water. Let the chocolate melt.
- STEP 2Mix the cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamon into the cream in another pan and warm through without boiling. Remove the chocolate from the heat and gently stir in the spiced cream, but do not heat. Mix all the remaining ingredients and stir through. Pour into the loaf tin, smooth the surface and refrigerate until set.
- STEP 3Once set, use the edges of the clingfilm to lift the truffle slab from the loaf tin and turn out. Dust with icing sugar and slice.