Chorizo & potato salad
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sherry or wine vinegar
- 1 kg baby potatoes, halved
- 300g green beans, topped and tailed
- 250g cooking chorizo
- 70g rocket
- handful flaked toasted almonds (optional)
- Put the olive oil, shallots, spring onions and vinegar in a large bowl. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes until cooked through. Drain and tip into the bowl, mix through the dressing so they absorb it while hot.
- Cook the beans for 3-4 minutes until just tender, drain and add to the bowl. Mix the ingredients together.
- Cut each chorizo into 4 pieces and fry them all into crisp on the outside and cooked through. Start them in a cold pan and you wont need any oil.
- Tip off any excess oil and add to the potato salad with the rocket, stir through, sprinkle on the almonds, if using, and serve warm.