Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Bremer chicken ragout
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 8
Originally German, a great recipe for a dinner with some nice guests.
- 2 chickens, each cut into 8 pieces
- 75 gr. butter
- 12 tablespoons bacon in little cubes
- 1 onion chopped roughly
- 30 gr. flower
- white wine
- 200 gr, little meatballs
- 150 gr. mushrooms
- 1 can of asparagus
- bread crumbs
- salt, peppr, nutmeg
- lemon juice
A big pan for on the stove
- A big pan for on the stove
- STEP 1Salt and pepper the chicken parts. Melt the butter an bake the chicken quickly until golden in the pan.
- STEP 2Add the bacon and the onion, let it color en then add the flower. Let it color too until golden.
- STEP 3Very slowly poor 2,5 dl half white wine, half water. Stir gently.Put a lid on the pan and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- STEP 4Halfway add the meatballs. After 45 minutes add the mushrooms, asparagus and lemonjuice. Let simmer for another 10 minutes untill ready.
- STEP 5Serve with a nice salad and some baked fresh new potatoes.