Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Marbled carmel shortbread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Bars
The very classic chocolate millionaires slice make you feels like a millionaire with every bite yum yum!
FOR THE BASE
- 250g plain flour,75g caster sugar,175g unsalted butter
FOR THE FILLING
- 90g unsalted butter,90g light muscovado (brown) sugar,2x400g sweetened condensed milk
FOR THE TOPPING
- 90g plain chocolate,90g milk chocolate,50g white chocolate
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180oc/350oF/Gas 4.Line and lightly grease a 33 X 23cm/13 X 9 in a Swiss roll tin.
- STEP 2Put flour and caster sugar in a bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.Work with your hand until the mixture forms a dough.
- STEP 3Turn the dough into the tin and press it out with the back of a spoon until spread and even.prick all over with a fork and bake for 20 minutes until firm the leave to cool in the tin.
- STEP 4Put all the filling ingredients into a pan and heat until thick and Carmel colour for about ten minutes.
- STEP 5Put the filling in the cookie base then leave until cool and it has set.
- STEP 6Put all the chocolate into separate bowls over a pan of simmering water until melted then put each chocolate over the Carmel filling and skewer to form a marbled effect and leave to set in fridge until chocolate has firmed up.