Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Yes, just as long as you can accommodate
- Serves 4
Easy chicken curry
- 4 chicken breasts or 8 boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Juice of 1 lime (or lemon will do)
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- STEP 1Put sliced chicken in a bowl with garlic, ginger, chilli powder, lime juice and 1 tbs oil. Stir well, cover and leave to marinate in fridge - the longer the better!
- STEP 2Stir fry the onion in the remaining oil for about 8 mins. Add turmeric and cook for a further 1 min.
- STEP 3Tip in chicken mixture and cook until chicken has changed colour. Then add coconut milk, sliced chilli and stock cube and simmer for 20 mins.
- STEP 4Serve with rice or naan bread.