Classic Hot Chocolate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 hot chocolate.
Perfect for one of those cold, frosty nights; this simple, warming and delicious hot chocolate is sure to make you sleepy...
- 8 fl.oz (approx. 250 ml) milk.
- 2 tsp cocoa powder.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 2 tsp maple syrup, honey or sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional).
- whipped double cream, to top (optional).
- STEP 1Place all of the milk in a microwavable measuring jug, and then pour 200 ml of the milk into a microwavable drinking mug. Cook the mug of milk for 2 minutes in a 750 watts microwave, or for 1:30 in an 850 watts.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate mixture. Mix in the sugar, honey or maple syrup and the vanilla extract in with the 50 ml milk and then sieve in the cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- STEP 3When the mug comes out the microwave, microwave the chocolate mixture for 30 seconds in a 750 watt, or for 15 seconds in an 850 watt.
- STEP 4After the chocolate mixture comes out, sieve it into the mug of milk. Now stir until an even colour. Serve and enjoy!