- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
- 8 oz dried mixed fruit
- 8 oz self raising flour
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 1 mug hot black tea
- 2 tablespoons of treacle or marmalade
- 1 egg
- STEP 1Tip fruit into bowl and pour over hot tea. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- STEP 2Once tea has been absorbed into fruit then mix together
- STEP 3flour, egg, marmalade or treacle if using and sugar. Stir in all fruit and any leftover tea.
- STEP 4Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour at 180 degrees. Test with a skewer. If it comes out clean it is done if there is mix on it leave for another 5 mins before checking again.
- STEP 5Serve warm or cold with butter.