Slow cooker beef and broccoli
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Tasty slow cooked beef dish with some healthy veg
- 1kg steak, sliced thin or chunks
- 1 cup beef broth (240 mL)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce (120 mL)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (55 g)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- white rice or noodles, cooked, for serving
- 350g button mushrooms
- STEP 1Whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, and brown sugar in slow cooker pot
- STEP 2Place beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
- STEP 3Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- STEP 4After 4 hours, whisk together flour and water in small bowl. Pour into crock pot, add the broccoli and mushrooms and gently stir to combine.
- STEP 5Cover with lid and cook 15-20 minutes to cook broccoli (longer dependent on how you like your veg) and thicken sauce.
- STEP 6Serve with warm white rice or noodles