Bacon and green bean risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Warming, hearty and easy risotto recipe that requires very limited ingredients but tastes amazing.
- 1 white onion
- 1 1/2 cups of green beans
- 300g risotto rice
- 50g salted butter
- 8 rashers of non-smoked bacon
- Salt and pepper to season
- Stock - I used 500ml vegetable and 500ml chicken (Knorr stock melts)
- Small glass of wine (optional)
- Parmesan to serve (optional)
- STEP 1Fry finely chopped onions and bacon until the onions are translucent. This should be around ten minutes.
- STEP 2Add risotto rice and take off the heat to stir. Add the wine now if chosen to use. Cook through for three minutes.
- STEP 3Add stock gradually. I started with the vegetable, added the green beans then the chicken stock. You should add stock when there is barely any liquid in the pan.
- STEP 4Once the rice is cooked it's ready to serve. Top with parmesan if you like.