Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Kiwi/Grape Chocolate Tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
It has a moist chocolate sponge base with a soft fruit filling. It is topping with a crunchy double chocolate biscuit topping. Inspired by the Italian tart.
- For the Sponge Base -
- 3 Large Eggs
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 64g White Self Raising Flour
- For the Filling -
- 3 Kiwi Fruit (Peeled and Cut into cubes)
- 150g Grapes (Cut into 4)
- For the Topping -
- 160g Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (crushed into crumbs)
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 180C/Gas 7 and grease a large flan dish
- STEP 2Whisk the eggs and sugar until a pale yellow colour.
- STEP 3Sieve the flour and cocoa into the mixture and fold in with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- STEP 4Pour the mixture into the flan dish and bang against the table so it is equally spread out
- STEP 5Prepare the fruit, cut the kiwi into cubes and the grapes into 4/5 circles.
- STEP 6Put the base into the oven for 5-8 minutes until slightly solidified. While you're waiting crush the biscuits
- STEP 7Remove the base from the oven and add the fruit to the top quickly before it sinks.
- STEP 8Return the base to the oven for a further 5-8 minutes, finish crushing the biscuits while you're waiting.
- STEP 9Remove the base from the oven and add the biscuit topping.
- STEP 10Return to the oven for a final 10-15 minutes until the biscuit crumbs are browned and a skewer put through the centre comes out clean (warning there may be some crumbs from the biscuit).
- STEP 11Serve hot or cold