Member recipe by tonimcnamara
Tasty and filling chickpea goodness. Delicious hot or cold with wraps or pittas.
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 200g stale breadcrumbs
- 25g flaked almonds
- 1tbsp Moroccan rub (most supermarkets sell it) or 1tsp Ground Cumin & 1tsp Ground Corriander
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 pointed red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- Handful of coriander and parsley (chopped)
- 1 medium egg (beaten)
- Salt & Pepper
- Veg Oil for frying
- Mash or process the chickpeas and put to one side. Grate or process the bread to fine crumbs. Add to chickpeas.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix together.
- Wet hands (stops mixture sticking) and form balls (in any size you want) flatten slightly and put on some greaseproof paper. Put the patties in the fridge till slightly chilled.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan to a medium to high heat. Fry 3 or 4 patties at a time till brown on both sides. Set aside on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot/warm or cold with toasted pittas or warm tortillas. I usually finely slice red cabbage and have some mayo and pickled chillies too. Maybe a gherkin. Delicious!