Member recipe by tomc17
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
- 125g Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
- Brown sugar, for sprinkling
- Vanilla extract. 1 cap
- Pre-heat oven to 160 C, Gas mark 4
- Grease a loaf tin.
- Melt the butter sugar and the vanilla extract in a saucepan. DO NOT BURN
- Remove From heat and add the mashed bananas. Mix Well.
- Add the egg. Mix Well.
- Stir in the flour and milk. Pour half the flour and have the milk and stir. Then add the rest of the flour and the milk and Mix Well
- Pour in loaf tin, sprinkle brown sugar on top
- Bake for 35mins, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5-10mins. Run a knife round the edge of the cake. Take out tin.