Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 15 muffins
Quick and delicious, these muffins are coffee and dessert in one.
- 200 grams sugar
- 120 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 150 ml freshly brewed espresso
- 100 ml milk
- 4 levelled tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 150 grams all purpose flour
- 30 grams cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 200˚C (395˚F).
- STEP 2First sift the flour with the cornflour (cornstarch), baking powder and baking soda, and set it aside. Make the espresso, add piping hot milk, mix and pour it over the cocoa powder, stir well to dissolve the cocoa and set it aside to cool down. Beat the softened butter with the sugar, on high, until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in the vanilla.
- STEP 3Add one third of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix it in, then add one third of the espresso and cocoa mixture and mix it in as well, and repeat until you use up all of the ingredient. Immediately divide the batter between 15 muffin cups, lined with paper liners, and bake in a preheated oven at 200˚C (395˚F), for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm or cold.