- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Excellent alternative to a fish pie.
- 250g Spinach
- 600ml Milk
- 300g Haddock Fillets
- 300g Smoked Haddock Fillets
- 20g Butter
- 20g Flour
- 150g Mature Cheddar
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1 handful parsley
- STEP 1Pre heat oven to 200 degrees C (Gas mark 6). Place the slice of bread and the parsley in a blender and blitz to crumbs.
- STEP 2Steam spinach for 5 minutes to wilt. Once wilted and cooled squeeze out excess water and place in the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- STEP 3Bring milk to the boil and add the haddock fillets. Simmer gently until the haddock is cooked and flaking. Remove the fish from the milk (keep the milk for the next step) and flake it on top of the spinach base.
- STEP 4Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour to form a paste using a whisk to mix the flour and butter. Gradually add the milk whisking all the time to remove any lumps. Add the cheese and the wholegrain mustard and stir well until the cheese has melted.
- STEP 5Pour the sauce over the haddock and spinach. Top with the bread crumb\parsley mix.
- STEP 6Place in oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve with new potatoes.