- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
really lemony chilled cheesecake
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 80g Unsalted butter
- 300ml Double cream
- 300g Cream cheese
- 100g Icing sugar
- 2 lemons
- STEP 1For biscuit base: crush biscuits, melt butter and mix together thoroughly.
- STEP 2Line bottom of tin with grease proof paper. Tip in biscuit mixture, use back of a spoon to push down firmly.
- STEP 3Place into fridge to set whilst you make the rest.
- STEP 4For Cheesecake Mixture: Whip cream until it peaks, add the cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
- STEP 5Sieve in the icing sugar and mix well
- STEP 6Zest & Juice the lemons and whisk this into the mixture.
- STEP 7Spoon onto the biscuit base, use the back of the spoon to even out and smooth down.
- STEP 8Place back into the fridge to set and leave overnight.
- STEP 9Use a 20cm round tin with removeable base. Run a hot wet knife around the edge of the cake before attempting to remove from the tin.