Aubergine Fry or Begun bhaja
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- Aubergine(Begun) - 1 medium sized
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste.
Mustard oil for deep frying
- Mustard oil for deep frying
- STEP 1Chop off the stem and cut the aubergine into 2inch roundels.
- STEP 2Place them on a plate and smear them with the turmeric powder, sugar and salt. Leave it for 10 mins.
- STEP 3In the meantime, keep the oil in a pan for heating. Ensure it is very hot, smoking hot.
- STEP 4Then lower the flame and add the aubergine roundels. Fry on both the sides till they are brown.
- STEP 5Serve it with hot white rice.