- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Pieces
A great way to make the most of your storecupbaord ingredients, a tasty twist on the classic flapjack
- 100g butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 80g caster sugar
- 225g oats
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 80g caramel biscuit (I used twix) or fudge/toffee
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 190C/ fan 170C/ gas 5.
- STEP 2Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan then add the mashed banana to pan before removing from the heat. Measure the oats in a mixing bowl and then mix in the melted ingredients.
- STEP 3Cut up your caramel biscuit into small chunks then combine this with your mixture.
- STEP 4Divide the mixture into a 12 hole silicone muffin tray (or normal baking tray) and flatten the mixture with the back of a spoon.
- STEP 5Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it starts to go golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy while they're still warm!