Spanish Garlic Bread "Pan con tomate"
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
I learnt to make this back in the 80's whilst living in Barcelona. Its a real "Rustic" take on garlic bread and always a winner with a Spanish themed evening.
- Large Bloomer loaf (Thickly sliced)
- Raw Garlic Cloves
- Fresh vine ripened tomatoes
- Good quality Olive oil
- Sea salt
- STEP 1Toast Bread on both sides
- STEP 2Rub Raw garlic over freshly toasted bread (1 clove per slice)
- STEP 3Cut tomatoes in half, rub and squeeze all over bread. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste. Drizzle good quality olive oil over and ENJOY ! Note: It really is worth using vine tomatoes as they really enhance the flavour.