Ras-el-Hanout Chicken with sweet potato mash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A lightly spiced Moroccan styled dish, lovely served with Mint & garlic green beans.
- 1 Large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ras-el-hanout
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 100ml hot or warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon pesto paste
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- juice 1/2 lemon
- olive oil for potato mash
- STEP 1Boil the potato in salted water for 15 minutes until tender.
- STEP 2Mix the ras-el-hanout with sea salt rub all over the chicken breasts. Heat the rice bran oil in a large frying pan, brown the chicken all over for 5 -6 minutes until golden.
- STEP 3Lift the chicken out of the pan, set aside on a plate. In the frying pan now add the onion and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the water, pesto, honey, lemon and a pinch of sea salt, return the chicken to the pan, then simmer for 10 mins until the sauce is syrupy and the chicken is cooked.
- STEP 4Mash the potatoes with the olive oil, season. Plate up putting the potato on first, then the chicken breast and finish with the onion sauce, over the mash. Serve with Green beans with garlic and mint.