Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes One loaf
Lovely and moist home made Banana bread. The beauty of this is that you can add nuts, or chocolate even a shot of espresso and totally make it your own!
- 2-3 Very ripe Bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar (can easily use 3/4 cup, or drop it down to 1/2 cup if you want it less sweet)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) Gas mark 4 and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- STEP 2In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- STEP 3Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- STEP 4Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes (check at 50 minutes) at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- STEP 5Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve.