Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spicy Cheese Pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Can be left to cool or served hot
- Serves 8
A tasty breakfast, brunch or light supper dish with a kick!
- 225g grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 225g grated mild cheese
- 350mL half n' half or light cream
- 75mL flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 jar of salsa (about 450g), your choice of hotness
- 1 jar or can of green chilies, chopped
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 175C. Grease a large pie pan or rectangular pan. Mix the grated cheeses and spread them over the bottom of the pan.
- STEP 2Add the flour to the cream using a sifter or strainer and whisk well. YOU DO NOT WANT LUMPS! Whisk in the eggs.
- STEP 3Pour the cream, flour & egg mixture over the cheese in the pan (if there are lumps, strain the mixture as you pour it).
- STEP 4Combine salsa and chilies and spread gently by spoonfuls over the top of the pie.
- STEP 5Place on a baking sheet (it often overflows) and bake at 175C for an hour and 10 minutes (though it might be a bit longer depending on how hot your oven is). The top should be nice and brown when it is done. Cover and store in the refrigerator (can last for up to 5 days).