Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 Sandwich
A simple way to make the classic lunchtime sandwich!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices, Wholemeal Bread
- 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 30g magarine
- STEP 1Bring 400ml of water to the boil in a small deep pan. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling warer and hard boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes.
- STEP 2Lift the eggs out of the hot water and rinse under cold water for 2 minutes to prevent them from cooking further.
- STEP 3Peal the shells of the eggs and roughly chop. Mix the chopped eggs with the mayonnaise until a chunky mixture is formed. Lightly season with black pepper.
- STEP 4Scoop the egg mayonnaise mixture onto the buttered bread and the cut the sandwich diagonally into two triangles. Enjoy!