Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Toad in the Hole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Best Toad in the hole recipe.
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 225g (8 oz) plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 250ml (8 fl oz) milk
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C /gas mark 6.
- STEP 2Pour the oil into the bottom of a baking dish, and arrange the sausages over it in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs and half of the milk until smooth. Gradually mix in the rest of the milk until a smooth batter is achieved. Season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 4Remove the sausages from the oven, and ladle the batter over them until the sausages are 3/4 covered. Return to the oven, and bake for 35 minutes, or until the centre is risen and browned.