Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sponge layer cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1 hour cooling
- Serves 12
- 125g/5oz sugar
- 6tbsp sunflower oil
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 150g/6oz gluten free self raising flour
- 4tbsp water
- 1tsp oil
- 2tbsp jam
- 1tsp icing sugar
- STEP 1lightly greaseproof or oil 7inch round cake tin
- STEP 2In a bowl beat sugar,oil+vanilla, peel+mash banana and beat into sugar mixture.
- STEP 3Add flour+water and mix well, turn into prepared cake tin +smooth the top
- STEP 4Bake in a preheated oven 190c/ fan170c/gas5 for 35mins, cool on a wire rack.
- STEP 5Slice sponge in half horizontally, spread one half sponge with jam, place other half on top+ sieve with icing sugar.