Butternut Squash, Lemongrass and Chilli Salad and chicken skewers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Marinate 2 hours-overnight
- Serves 8
Yummy summer salad with punchy flavours. For 8.
- 5cm piece of root ginger
- 4 red chillis
- 6 sticks of lemongrass (1 finely chopped)
- 2 limes (zest and juice)
- 1 butternut squash (1lb) deseeded and cubed.
- Goats cheese (small log)
- Ripe avocado
- Pomegranate seeds
- STEP 1Blitz the ginger, 1 chilli, 1 lemongrass stalk, 2 tblsp of oil, lime zest and juice into a mini chopper. Blend till smooth.
- STEP 2Slice the remaining lemongrass stalks in half and thread chicken cubes onto them (like a skewer). Cover in half the marinade from the mini chopper. Leave overnight or 2 hours.
- STEP 3Put squash into roasting tin with remaining chopped chilli. Season. Roast for 30 minutes at gas 6.
- STEP 4Combine remaining marinade, roasted squash, pomegranate, goats cheese, avocado and rocket.
- STEP 5Roast chicken skewers for 30 mins at gas 6 - or stick them on the BBQ