Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Turkish Coffee Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Turkish Coffee Cake Oven temperature 170C
- 3 medium eggs
- 200gr sugar
- 150ml olive oil
- 150ml milk
- 450gr self-raising flour
- 50gr ground Turkish coffe
- STEP 1Mix sugar and eggs well in a bowl. If you are using hand mixer mix the batter in low speed for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2When the batter doubled in size add olive oil, milk, vanilla , flour and ground turkish coffee and mix all together for another 3-4 minutes.
- STEP 3Pour couple of drops olive oil inside the cake mould and brush it every corner.
- STEP 4Pour the cake batter into the mould then put in the middle of the oven. Set the timer for 40 minutes first. Then check out when alarm went off with wooden stick or tip of knife if the batter is still sticky then put another 10-15 minutes more to bake. When it's baked well take out from oven and leave outside to cool down 10-15 minutes. During these period you can cover the cake with clean tea towel which will keep the top crust more moist.