Whole roasted cauliflower
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- one large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- about 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- lots of freshly cracked black pepper.
- STEP 1Once you’ve removed all the leaves and rough stem from the head of cauliflower (being careful so that it remains intact), preheat the oven to 350F, then steam or microwave the cauliflower until it’s quite al dente (the time will depend greatly on the size of your cauliflower, but let’s say five to eight minutes.) In a small bowl, mix Parmesan with mayo, Dijon and pepper. Place partially cooked cauliflower on a baking sheet then slather the mayo sauce all over the head. Bake until golden brown and very tender, about 20 minutes. Then serve it up and let the family spoon away at it. It’s truly is an oddly addictive dish.
- STEP 2Three ways to switch it up: Curry twist: Remove Dijon, add 2 tsp curry powder to the mix Provencal punch: Add 2 tsp Herbs de Provence to the mix Mideast mix-up: Remove Dijon, add 2 tsp za’atar to the mix