Roast potatoes with fennel
Member recipe by tarilang
- 3 fennel bulbs
- 1.5 kg/3lb 5oz medium sized waxy potatoes eg Charlotte
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200C/gar mark 6 Trim ends of fennel, remove bruised outer scales and cut off and keep feathery tips. Cut through the stems (need to be attached at the bottom)
- Boil potatoes till tender but firm. Add fennel in the last five minutes then drain.
- Chop feathery fennel tips. Heat olive oil and add garlic. Add potatoes and fennel, season and toss.
- Then put in oven for 35 minutes. Take out and sprinkle with the fennel feathery bits.