Roast potatoes with fennel
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 8
- 3 fennel bulbs
- 1.5 kg/3lb 5oz medium sized waxy potatoes eg Charlotte
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly sliced
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200C/gar mark 6
- STEP 2Trim ends of fennel, remove bruised outer scales and cut off and keep feathery tips. Cut through the stems (need to be attached at the bottom)
- STEP 3Boil potatoes till tender but firm. Add fennel in the last five minutes then drain.
- STEP 4Chop feathery fennel tips.
- STEP 5Heat olive oil and add garlic. Add potatoes and fennel, season and toss.
- STEP 6Then put in oven for 35 minutes. Take out and sprinkle with the fennel feathery bits.