Chicken liver pate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 220g/8oz butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 450g/1lb chicken livers, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1 tsp mustard powder, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf, to garnish 2-3 fresh cranberries, to garnish
- STEP 1Melt 110g/4oz of the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and fry until softened, but not coloured.
- STEP 2Add the garlic and chicken livers and fry the livers until golden-brown all over and cooked through. Add the brandy and mustard powder and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- STEP 3Place the liver mixture and 55g/2oz of the remaining butter into a food processor and blend until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- STEP 4Transfer the pâté into a serving ramekin or small dish and decorate with a couple of cranberries and a bay leaf.
- STEP 5Melt the remaining 55g/2oz of butter in a clean pan. Skim off the froth and pour the butter over the pâté. Transfer to the fridge to chill, then serve from the ramekin when ready.