Nice Rice and Veggie Fingers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Fingers
Slightly flavoured by yellow peppers and peppercorns! Delish! ^_^
- 100g/heaping 2/3 cup cold cooked brown rice
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp flour
salt & pepper, to taste sunflower oil, for frying
- salt & pepper, to taste sunflower oil, for frying
- STEP 1Mix together the rice, leek, yellow pepper, garlic, parmesan, egg, cream and flour in a bowl to make a sloppy batter. Season to taste.
- STEP 2Heat enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the a heavy based frying pan.
- STEP 3Place two heaped dessertspoons of the rice mixture per finger into the hot oil and flatten slightly with a spatula.
- STEP 4Cook in batches for 3 minutes on each side until golden.Drain on kitchen towels before serving.