Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Saffron cardamon yoghurt
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 2 hours or more chilling time
- Serves 4
A delicious yet simple dessert great for impressing guests at dinner parties.
- 500g natural Greek style yoghurt
- 100g caster sugar (according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp saffron strands
- 1 tbsp of warmed milk
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cardamon powder
- Handful of chopped pistachios to garnish
- Handful of toasted almonds to garnish
- STEP 1Add saffron strands to warm milk, allow to infuse for a few minutes
- STEP 2Mix together the sugar and greek yoghurt, until smooth and creamy.
- STEP 3Add the saffron infused milk, along with the crushed cardamon. Fold in gently.
- STEP 4Chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours to allow the flavours to infuse together.
- STEP 5When ready to serve, put mixture in individual glasses or ramekins or one large serving bowl. Garnish with crushed pistachios and toasted almonds. This dessert is also delicious with ruby red pomegranates of juicy plump blueberries scattered on top.