Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
Saturday Night Tea
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 rashers of streaky 'pancetta' bacon, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Stick of celery
- 1kg/2ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¼lb lean minced beef
- 2 large glasses of red wine
- 2x400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 800g-1kg/1ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¾-2ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¼lb dried tagliatelle
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan and fry the bacon until golden over a medium heat.
- STEP 2Add the onions and garlic, frying until softened. Increase the heat and add the minced beef. Fry it until it has browned.
- STEP 3Pour in the wine and boil until it has reduced in volume by about a third
- STEP 4Reduce the temperature and stir in the tomatoes, chopped carrots and celery.
- STEP 5Cover with a lid and simmer over a gentle heat for 60 to 90mins until it's rich and thickened, stirring occasionally.