Member recipe by sweetunique
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 250g mascarpone
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- ½ cup thickened cream, whipped
- 1½ tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 sponge fingers, halved lengthways, quartered
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- extra whipped cream, chocolate curls, cocoa powder, to serve
- In a shallow dish, combine hot water and coffee, stirring until coffee dissolves.
- In a bowl, mix a quarter of the mascarpone with chocolate. Stir quickly until well combined. Blend remaining mascarpone through. Fold cream, brandy and vanilla through mascarpone mixture.
- Dip biscuits pieces, one at a time, into coffee mixture. Arrange in the base of 6 serving cups or glasses. Top with mascarpone mixture, followed by a dollop of extra cream. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve tiramasu topped with chocolate curls and a dusting of cocoa.
- TOP TIPS
- * These can be made in advance. Leave the final cream and chocolate decoration until you are ready to serve.
- You can either make one large tiramasu or you can serve them individualy in a glass or coffee cup.