Luxury Mince Pies
Member recipe by sweetunique
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Pies
- Buttery Shortbread Pastry Dough;
- 18 oz. allpurpose flour
- 14 oz. chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pcs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. chilled heavy cream
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. table salt
- Pie Filling;
- 280g. (half jar) Sweet Mincemeat
- 1 tbsp. Brandy
- Buttery Shortbread Pastry Dough; In a food processor, combine the flour, butter, egg, sugar, cream, lemon juice, and salt and pulse until the dough starts gathering together in big clumps.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter and gather it together. Shape the dough into 12 walnut size balls press/spread them into the greased fairy tin sections.
- With the remaining dough, role out and cut out large christmas tree and/or star shapes for the lids.
- Pie Filling; Mix the mincemeat with the brandy. Spoon the mincemeat into the pastry cases (around 1tsp per tart)
- Top the pies with their lids. Brush to star tops with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20mins in pre-heated oven 160C
- Cool on wire rack and dust lighty with icing sugar.
- Best served warm with thick cream
- Storage; You can freeze the baked minced pies (before dusting) for upto 6wks in a rigid container so they dont get crushed. Double layers should be seperated with baking paper so as not to stick.
- Alternatively; You can freeze the unbaked dough. Thaw in fridge before baking.