Christmas Rocky Road
Member recipe by sweetunique
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Pieces
- 250g/9oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g/5oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 175g/6oz butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g/7oz amaretti biscuits
- 150g/5oz shelled Brazil nuts
- 150g/5oz red glace cherries
- 125g/4oz mini marshmallows
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- edible glitter, to decorate (optional)
- Place the dark and milk chocolate pieces into a heavy-based pan. Add the butter and golden syrup and cook over a low heat to melt and combine.
- Place the amaretti biscuits into a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin to make crumbs of various sizes.
- Place the Brazil nuts into another freezer bag and bash in the same way.
- Take the pan of melted chocolate mixture off the heat and add the crushed biscuits and nuts.
- Add the glace cherries and mini marshmallows. Fold the mixture carefully to coat all of the solid ingredients with the syrupy chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 25cm/10in x 30cm/12in greased and lined baking tray and smooth the surface as much as possible (although it will look bumpy).
- Refrigerate for two hours, or until firm enough to cut. Dust with icing sugar, then sprinkle with edible glitter if you wish.
- Remove the block of rocky road from the tray and cut into 24 rectangles.