- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes makes from 6-12 scones
Plain scones that are easy to make !!.
- 200g of Self Raising Flour (SRF)
- 50g of Butter
- 50g of Sugar
- 100ml of Milk
- Plain flour for dusting
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- STEP 2Add the self-raising flour and butter into the large bowl and rub with your fingertips till it looks like breadcrumbs.
- STEP 3If you would like sweet scones, add the sugar and continue to rub the mix with your fingertips.
- STEP 4add in your milk SLOWLY, I would recommend adding 15ml at a time and mix with a knife
- STEP 5once you have a dough sprinkle plain flour on a clean counter top and knead until about 2cm thick.
- STEP 6use cookie cutters to cut out circles, depending on what size you use but I normally get 6 big ones or 12 small ones.
- STEP 7put in the oven (if you made big ones cook for 1520 minutes) (if you made small ones cook for 8-10 minutes) cook until golden brown.